Here at McMinnville Surgical Associates, we specialize in two main types of surgical procedures: Minimally Invasive Procedures and Bariatric Surgery.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
The term “minimally invasive surgery” includes a wide variety of types of procedures, and is also known as “endoscopic” or “laparoscopic” surgery. The procedures covered under this type of surgery generally have minimal scarring, pain and recovery time. Some of the common minimally invasive surgeries that we offer include:
- Gallbladder surgery
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Stomach and abdominal surgery, including surgery for reflux/GERD
- Bariatric surgery
- Surgery for treatment of breast cancer
- Surgery for treatment of appendicitis and diverticulitis
- Alimentary Tract Surgery
- Breast, Skin and Soft Tissue Surgeries
- Endocrine System Surgeries
- Surgeries needed due to trauma
The practice of Bariatric Surgery is the treatment of morbid obesity. At McMinnville Surgical Associates, we strive to provide a comprehensive assessment and care program for each of our bariatric patients, including preoperative evaluations with a nutritional expert, as well as psychoterapist, to help ensure that our patients are fully prepared for the procedure and results. Our surgeons are intimiately involved with each phase of the process, from preoperative consultations, to postoperative results.
The treatment options offered by our specialist Dr. Higa include:
- Laparascopic and Open Roux en Y Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
To learn more about your treatment options or the speciality of Bariatric Surgery, join us at one of our free information sessions.